Pennsylvania law permits a party to resume their prior surname during the pendency of a divorce or after a divorce decree is entered. To resume any prior surname that a spouse had prior to the marriage, the party must file a notice with the Court where the divorce action is filed. The notice must indicate whether the party is electing to resume a prior surname before entry of a divorce decree or after a decree is entered. The party must sign the notice in the presence of a notary and the notice must be filed with the court. The court may charge a fee to certify the notice along with additional copies.

Leave your comment